The proposed development involves the construction of an 8 storey Hotel development with street level retail and two levels of basement car parking. The proposed development is located on the site of the existing Lenna of Hobart Hotel. Specifically, the proposed development comprises of the following:
- 78 x hotel suites;
- 2 x penthouse suites (serviced apartment);
- 4 x retail tenancies (2 at street level and 2 accessed from street level and hotel lobby);
- Reception Lounge and lift lobby;
- 1 x function room (‘Guest Outdoor Room’);
- Guest recreation space and amenities;
- Kitchen/Bar area;
- 6 x Staff rooms; (Admin & Concierge staff on Lower Ground Floor; and one on Level 1 ,2 , 3 & 4);
- 38 valet car parking spaces across two levels of basements; and
- New circular driveway servicing the reception drop off/arrival point at lower ground level. An additional 9 parking spaces are provided adjacent to reception.
Vehicular access to basement level valet parking is provided via a new crossover from Salamanca Place. This access also accommodates a loading dock for the hotel. Access to the circular driveway servicing the reception area is provided off Runnymede Street (at the lower ground level) using an existing access. The main pedestrian access is provided via stairs from Runnymede Street and additional pedestrian access is provided via stairs from Salamanca Place.